Thursday, January 03, 2008

New York TripThis Winter





Last half of the last month of the last year (2007) was full of events for me and my family.

Liju, Nitol and Shahriar dropped us at JetBlue counter in San Jose airport at 19th night. We had 4 luggages and 4 handbags as well as Ahyan's stroller, car seat. JetBlue exceeded my expectation being a local airlines, lots of leg space, very smooth take off and landing. Our flight started 10:30 PM California time and reached 6:30 AM New York time. Kakku was waiting for us to recieve and we could somehow pick all the luggage in his highlander. It was Eid Ul Azha as well. So once we reached Kakku's home at Elmhurst, Queens and met Aunt, my cousines Abir-Asif, we went for Eid prayer.

Before we came back at 25th in JetBlue, we had roamed around many places in New York. Kakku took us to a Manhattan drive at night. We went to Jackson Hights, Statue of Liberty in Liberty Island, Jamaica, Brooklyn. One evening we spent with Shusmita'd bosom friend Nandita and others while I had a nice time walking in Manhattan (Times Square, Medison Square, Macy's) with my friend Ullash there. Ullash kept big hair and surprisingly it was going well with him. At m y first visit in Jackson Hights, I bought lots of books and CDs from Muktodhara and in my second visit I bought some more. I was happily having Dunkin Donuts in New York (which I miss a lot in California), had Sagor's biriyani, Kabir Bekari's pastry/tea, Alauddin's tea as well as regular Bengali foods in my Uncle's house.

I had a gorgeous official party in San Francisco 14th evening where I and Shusmita went keeping Ahyan with Nitol, Liju and Meena behen at home.

My parents were having hajj in Saudi Arabia, so far without much trouble.

Our plan was to have the 31st night in Reno/Lake Tahoe. But Ahyan got suddenly a bad fever and we canceled the program. We had to take Ahyan to emergency when he was having ceaser, jerking and shaking. Ahyan is doing fine now although the fever is moving around from him to Shusmita to me now. The 31st night, we gathered in Shahriar's house and here some pictures from that.

http://picasaweb.google.com/shochirahman/NewYears2008

No comments:

A LookBack at Year 2023

As the fresh breeze of 2024 begins to unfold its chapters, I find myself pausing to reflect on the whirlwind that was 2023. It was a year th...