Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Another AR Rahman Musical Magic Behene De Mujhe Behne De In Movie Raavan



Last weekend I saw Raavan in Big Cinema of Fremont just to see the songs of AR Rahman. I am highly impressed again by him with his musical magic touched by the devinely lyrics of Gulzar. After Jai Ho, this is another class from AR Rahman and Gulzar combination. This time it's Behne de mujhe behnde song. And what a lyricist Gulzar is! Due to this song I have become a fan of Gulzar now. And to mention anything about AR Rahman would be simply repeating myself again and again.

Day and night I am listening to this song now in my iPad or in office PC. Here are starting parts the lyrics from that song if you know hindi a bit.

Aare aag se bhund gira koi
Chingari ka tukra jala joi,
Ummid ki aag laga jera
Sehra ki pias bujha jera.

Ummid ki aag laga jera
Sehra ki pias bujha jera,
Ghan itna baras ke galne lagu
Mei pani ke upar tarne lagu.

Behne de mujhe behne de
Mujhe behne de mujhe behne deee.
Ooooo Behne de mujhe behne de
Mujhe behne de mujhe behne deee.

Behne de ghanghor ghata
Behne de pani ke tera.
Sagar me ja girna hei
Behne de nadia ki tera.

.......

No comments:

A LookBack at Year 2023

As the fresh breeze of 2024 begins to unfold its chapters, I find myself pausing to reflect on the whirlwind that was 2023. It was a year th...