Friday, November 20, 2015

Dr. Yasir Qadhi's Series of Lectures on Seerah of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)


Today I finished listening to one of the most significant lecture series in my life - Dr. Yasir Qadhi's Series of Lectures on Seerah of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh). Initially I was listening to it from YouTube after knowing about it from Wali Bhai. Later Amin told me that he found an iPhone App named Yasir Qadhi where all these lectures are available in audio format and I could download it and listen to the audios offline. So this saved my data plan as in my first month I already crossed my 40GB plan just by listening to it while driving to office and coming back.

It's a 104 part lecture series containing approximately 175 hours of lectures by Pakistani descent but American muslim scholar Dr. Yasir Qadhi who stayed in Madina for 10 years for his islamic studies. Any muslim or non-muslim will be moved listening to this series. You will learn to be humble, polite, wise and humane to others. Dr. Yasir focused mainly on 2 things - rigorous academic analysis of Prophet's (pbuh) life, actions, teachings and the situations of Arab at that time; and how the we can relate those to our 21st century American muslim life.

I was in awe many times just listening to the incidents, just thinking about the patience of Sahabis (R) and their love for Islam and our Prophet (pbuh). Often I have been laughing loud or crying while driving on the way listening through my headphone, disappointed that I reached office or home already while in the middle of a great analysis of a particular fiqh issue. This work by Dr. Yasir is one of the most profound of its nature in English language. I can't think of anything else comparable.

I invite you to listen to it. I will now move into his other lectures, and then probably into Mughal, Roman and Persian empires, second world war, Mahabharat and so on that are freely available in YouTube.

Update: I have finished the Seerah series for a second time yesterday. Alhamdulillah. It was as beautiful as I felt when I finished it the first time in November last year!



No comments:

A LookBack at Year 2023

As the fresh breeze of 2024 begins to unfold its chapters, I find myself pausing to reflect on the whirlwind that was 2023. It was a year th...